It’s difficult to chastise my wife for “saving money” by buying things on sale when I’m “investing” in puzzles that come with money inside. In my defense, Alan Lunsford specifically adds the amount of the coin to be released to the price of his puzzles to highlight the fact that you are explicitly paying for that coin. The price of the puzzle is in the dollar’s field and the value of the coin to be released is easily identified in the cent’s field. Unfortunately, this puzzle was only released in the US due to issues with mailing US currency to other countries. I’m assuming that future puzzles will utilize some form of decorative non-currency token.
- The use of external tools is not permitted. You should avoid the temptation to use your hammer. Unless, of course, you have already solved it and want to see how the internal mechanisms work. In that case, you may want to buy a spare.
- No excessive force should be used in solving the puzzle.
- The internal mechanisms are delicate so don’t hit it hard. To be honest, you don’t need to hit it at all. Hopefully your mail service doesn’t drop kick your package to the door.
- Store below 40C/100F. I’m not sure at what temperature puzzles made from PLA start to warp, but I’m assuming that it’s best not to store them in your car or garage in the summer.
- Contains magnetic components. Yes, the puzzle is attractive.
- Have fun! This reminder was added for those that get stuck and circle back to check the rules again for a clue.
The first thing you’re going to do is try the moves that you used for the Cop Out puzzles, but that’s not going to help you. Of course, you’re going to do it anyway even though I just told you that it’s not going to work, but that’s OK - I would too. Forget everything you learned with the Cop Outs. Unsafe Deposit is a different kind of animal. I knew that I was in for something different but I didn’t quite realize how much change to expect. It is more of a sequential discovery puzzle than a coin release puzzle even though the ultimate goal is to release a coin. Along the way, you will discover other tools that you will need to continue the journey.